To welcome the Year of the Dragon, 313@somerset has come up with a fresh, innovative shopping experience with the launch of its 313 iDragon iPhone app yesterday. Using the free app, shoppers can use the app to locate and capture hidden “3-D” Jewels which can only be seen through the iDragon app. The app makes it possible to ‘capture’ the Jewel, which transforms into a special CNY promotion or instant gift within the 313@somerset mall.
I was invited down to give it a try, and managed to snag a free 3oz ice-cream from Maggie Moo’s that I redeemed at its B3 outlet.
Here is how it works:
- Download the 313 iDragon app from Apple Store, Singapore
- Head down to the Fashion Dragon installation located at the atrium of 313@somerset
- Launch the app and allow it to determine your location
- You will be able to see the 3-D Jewels if you are at or are near to the atrium
- Angle your iPhone around to get the Jewel of your choice into your sights
- Gently swing your iPhone forward to ‘capture’ it and view the promotion or instant gift
- You are limited to three promotions or instant gifts per day
- You can choose to reject any promotions or instant gifts not to your liking; there is no penalty for doing so
- Each coupon that you accept comes with an individual expiry date
- Present the Jewels stored in the “Vault” section of the app to redeem the promotions or instant gifts
- Note: Remember to grab a free Maggie Moo’s ice-cream before it runs out!
According to publicity materials sent to me, a partial list of participating merchants include ESPRIT, Goldheart, Lee Hwa, TianPo, Precious Thots and THEFACESHOP. Food/dining outlets include Toax Box, Maggie Moo’s, Marche and Gong Cha.
The 313 iDragon promotions will continue to run until 6 February 2011.